Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Future Website In The Works/Solo Chasing In The Future?

It's been over two months since my trip to the Plains that resulted in my signature tornado grab to date (Rozel, KS 5/18). Since I returned from my ten day chase vacation in North Texas I've gone back to my normal routine in between chases (work mostly although I have had time to unwind and party it up with my bosses and coworkers). During the little downtime I have had I've been busy getting everything together for a little project I'm looking forward to getting started on.

In the near future I'm going to get started on my creating my own little storm chasing website. Nothing too big just a website to share some of my weather photos I've accumulated over the past four years, chase logs, bio, and a live stream page (if I want to continue streaming) to name a few ideas off the top of my head. I planned on getting to work on my website in the next coming weeks however there's been a change of plans that has my money tied up for a little while, and quite frankly I don't mind the delay one bit.

I've been chasing for three years now, and those three years consisted of me riding either shotgun or in the backseat. I don't own a car nor do I have a driver's license (got a permit but was never able to get my license). Well my days of hitchhiking to a meso may be over soon; my friend and occasional chase partner Wes Carter is selling me his old chase vehicle. A 1996 Ford Taurus station wagon....I've rode in that car plenty of times in the past few years and I'm so excited he's offered to sell it to me. I'll have my own car which in turn will allow me to get my driver's license. I'll be able to chase on my own which is something I want to do.

I'll still chase with my chase partners every now and then (if they want me around), but for the most part I'll no longer have to chase around their schedule. Which hopefully will mean I'll get to chase more than the 3 or 4 times like I've been doing over the past two years. I'm also hoping my new found freedom will lead to more Rozels in 2014 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment