Sunday, March 6, 2011

Long Time No See......

Greetings from the Boro,

Ok so it's been almost 4 months since I've done a blog (damn time flies) so I'll let you in on what's been going on in my life during that time period. First off I joined ChaserTV a DAMN HELL ASS AWESOME streaming service, got some new equipment, been on one chase (my work schedule limits me on chase opportunities), and I will be chasing in the Plains during the last week of May (date TBD). That's just a sampling of what's been going on some good some bad; it may seem short and sweet but I'm a guy that doesn't spill my guts out about every nook and crannie of my everyday life (it ain't that interesting to begin with just a steady diet of work and sleep with the occasional booze and drama).

Right now my mindset is the young severe weather season that is in progress right now in Jungle (Dixie Alley) and after a winter of bitter cold and non stop rain or snow, it's got the making of one very interesting March through Early May. This winter reminds me of my first winter in the Boro; the sun was out maybe ten days during that season most of the time it was cold, overcast, and dreary (a SAD patient's worse nightmare). There was even one snowstorm that affected Middle Tennessee during that winter which also brought forth an EPIC ice-storm to Southern Middle Tennessee that knocked out power in some parts of the area for over a week. When Spring came around in '09 there was plenty of severe weather across the area including an EF1 that hit the Boro on March 28th that actually came within 200 yards from my apartment complex (I was back in my hometown visiting family I missed that tornado). Then two weeks later I made the score of my life with the EF4 that hit on Good Friday (I'll get deeper into that day with a special blog I'll be doing on the two year anniversary).

So this is the Meteorlogical start of Spring and already there's been some severe weather and a lot of flooding, but this season as I stated earlier is young and in the coming weeks there's going to be a shit ton of action in the Mid South. We could even see another Good Friday event in or around the Boro or in some part of the Nashville Metro Area (no I'm not a Meteorologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ;)). Who knows what this season brings but I'll be ready and I sure as hell will not wait another 4 months to do another blog in other words I've crawled out of the rock I've been living in and I'm ready for Spring and a promising one at seeing another tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment